Thursday, November 29, 2012

12 days of merry {day 2} ~ brown bag advent calendar


When I was a kid, we had an advent calendar that my grandma made.  There was a large felt tree and beneath it were 24 little pockets with felt ornaments in them.  I loved this advent calendar.   The countdown to Christmas was the most exciting part.  


This year I made an advent calendar for my niece.  I had a lot of grand ideas but when I remembered I had to ship the thing, I decided to go simple.  

To make the calendar, I used items I already hand on hand - brown paper bags, clothespins, and twine. I created the numbers in photoshop and printed them on sticker paper and I filled each bag with trinkets I got at Target, Michael's, and The Queen Bee Market.

This is pretty much a three year old's dream.  I think I might win the award for aunt of the year....not that I was trying or anything ;). 


Do you have an advent calendar tradition at your house?  








1 comment:

  1. Love your advent calendar! I am planning on something similar for my niece and nephew this year using brown paper bags but wasn't sure how to go about actually displaying them. I love that used twine and clothespins! Lovely idea and thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

Designed by Jackie Ayr