Every Fall I make something pumpkin. I am not a crazy - pumpkin-in-everything kind of person, but I do like it. Originally, I wanted to make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins but I was out of chocolate chips so I went with the one thing I rarely neglect to restock - nutella. I decided to make mini pumpkin bundt cakes (a muffin tin is fine too) swirled with nutella. They were perfect - I want to swirl nutella into all my baked goods :).
mini pumpkin nutella swirl cakes (makes 12 mini bundt cakes or 12 muffins)
-2 cups all purpose flour
-3 teaspoons baking powder
-1 teaspoon salt
-3/4 cup white sugar
-one can of pumpkin puree
-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
-1 large egg
-1/2 cup of nutella
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, mix together the pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg until well combined. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Heat the nutella in the microwave for about 20 second (you don't want it to be hot, just slightly pourable) and stir into the batter. Don't stir until it is completely mixed in. Just do a few turns of the spoon so that it is swirled into the pumpkin batter.
5. Spray a muffin pan or mini bunt pan (I got one at Target and love it) with non-stick spray and fill with the batter.
6. Cook for about 25 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for about ten minutes before removing. Store in an air tight container for up to three days.