Grilled Veggies + Sweet Potatoes



This is one of my favorite meals of all time.  Probably my most favorite vegetarian meal {after pizza}.  It is so amazing and versatile and healthy.


There really isn't a "recipe" so I am just going to tell you what I do.


Sprinkle some veggies {enough for however many pepole you're feeding} with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper {sliced zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, hearts of palm, or bell peppers are all good options  - my favorite is hearts of palm or zucchini}.


Grill the veggies for about 12 minutes - until they are nice and charred and tender.


While the veggies are grilling, peel a small sweet potato {or more if you need to serve a few people} and slice into large pieces.  Boil the sweet potato for about 12 minutes, until it's fork tender.


Drain the water from the sweet potato pieces and mash with a small sprinkle of salt and a little lemon juice {about one wedge of lemon - more if you have a lot of sweet potatoes}.


On your plate, pile up the mashed sweet potatoes and the grilled veggie.  Top the entire thing with a good dose of fresh lemon juice, chopped fresh rosemary, and cheese - goat or fresh parmesan are ideal.  Goat is my favorite for this dish {and most others}.  Just pick a cheese with a nice somewhat strong flavor.


I know the combination of all these flavors might sound a bit odd - but trust me.  It all works and comes together so well.  You have to try it!




Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love sweet potatoes. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness that looks WONDERFUL!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover