Low Fat Spinach + Artichoke Hummus



I am a big hummus fan...it is one of those things that is always in my refrigerator.  I went through a phase where I tried to make my own but no matter what, I could never get the right garbanzo bean//tahini//lemon juice//garlic ratio.  The taste was good, but the consistency was never that good.


In the words of my husband: "It tastes like paste."


So, I gave up.  


Then somewhere I saw a recipe that used non fat Greek yogurt - genius!  Tahini is delicious but this yogurt idea sounded promising.


So I threw together: 
*1/3 cup of non-fat Greek yogurt
*a can of garbanzo beans {rinsed and drained}
*the juice from one large lemon
*1/2 teaspoon garlic powder {or a clove of garlic}
*3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach that has been defrosted {or 2 cups of fresh leaves} 
*1 cup of artichoke hearts {either frozen and defrosted or canned....but not the kind that are packed in oil}
*a handful of fresh parsley
*a teaspoon of kosher salt and some black pepper.


Put everything in the food processor and whirl away.
  


I ate mine with one small piece of pita bread {I always look for pita bread that is 100 calories or less per entire piece} and some baby carrots.  This is a quick, healthy, and super delicious lunch or dinner.


Enjoy!


This recipe is 100% Love Food: Lose Weight eating approved.  If you want to lose a few pounds this Spring - get your copy here!

5 comments:

  1. So... I just hopped onto the computer to look for a good hommus recipe. (I haven't mad a hommus my boys love just yet.)

    Just so happens we have spinach in the garden. So, I'm off.

    Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! I hope they like it - I cannot stop eating it :).

      Delete
  2. Wow that looks so easy, even I could pull it off! And I'm not that great of a chef! Lol! I'm definitely adding this to my list of recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely pull it off....so, so easy :).

      Delete
  3. So, I can now confirm, this is AWESOME! AND the kids love it!

    Thanks for sharing. I might just be using this again (and again).

    Thanks Gina! xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover