My Top 5 Blogging Tips

I often get questions from new and aspiring bloggers in regards to the "secret" of a successful blog.  I guess the biggest secret is that it's hard work and it can be time consuming.  If you love it, the time commitment or work won't bother you.  


I love blogging.  I look forward to it every day.  And days when I am not feeling it, I don't force it.  I would rather post quality over quantity.


I certainly don't know everything about blogging and I am definitely not the most successful blogger around.  But, I have learned a few things these past few years....and thought I would share.




  
1. Be yourself!  I have blogged about being genuine before and I really think it is so important.


2. Photos - This is totally a personal preference of mine, but in most instances I think it looks so much better if all the photos are the same size. Also, good photography helps.  I am not a great photographer by any means but I have improved a lot since I started this blog.  Find online tutorials, buy a book or two, and learn how to take better photos.  It  will do nothing but help.


3. Who are you?  I like a nice, thorough, about me page.  Maybe this is a little stalker-ish of me, but when I stumble upon a new blog, I like to learn a little about the blogger.  A well done about me page always makes me so happy.


4. White Space - I am not even sure if I am using this term correctly...but I like some white on a blog.  A colored background hurts my eyes.  Super busy blogs with buttons all over te place also hurt my eyes.  There is no "correct" amount of designs or buttons for a blog.  It will vary based on your design.  My suggestion is to look at your blog for a while.   Does it seem cluttered?  If so, remove a few things or re-organize the space.


5. Design - If you are like me and don't know very much about graphic design/html then hire someone!  A talented designer can make such.a.difference.


OK, so those are my top 5 blogging tips.  Do you blog?  What do you consider to be your top blogging tip{s}?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I just recently started blogging and its so difficult getting started. I have been searching the web (well Pinterest really) looking for all the tips and advice I could get and this was so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope these tips help - good luck with your new blog!

      Delete
  2. I really appreciate all the great tips! I recently started blogging and my camera broke so I am using my phone . I really agree about the pictures. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover