Berry Pancakes




I really love making pancakes or waffles on the weekends.  I always make a healthier version using low fat sour cream and some sort of fruit.


Last weekend I made mixed berry.  I used a cup of frozen berries {raspberries, black berries, and blueberries} that I had defrosted in the microwave.  I like using frozen berries because they hold a lot of moisture which makes the pancakes light and fluffy.


If you don't like berries, try using a mashed banana or a cup of cooked apples pieces.    I always make a big batch so that I have leftovers for the next few mornings.


Berry Pancakes {makes about 20 pancakes}
1 cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup frozen mixed berries {defrosted}
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup low fat sour cream
½ cup skim milk

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt {feel free to use whole wheat flour for this recipe}.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla extract, sour cream, milk, and berries.



3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.  If the mixture feels too thick, add a splash of skim milk.
4. Heat a non-stick skillet sprayed with pan spray over medium heat.  Spoon equal portions of batter out and cook until the pancakes begin to bubble.  Flip and cook for a minute on the second side.
5. I like to put my oven on at around 275 degrees and place the cooked pancakes on a plate in the warm oven.  It keeps the finished pancakes from getting cold.  And if they aren't completely cooked through, they will finish cooking in the warm oven.




Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Mm looks delicious. I love making a nice breakfast on the weekends too, and I look forward to giving these a try :) - Cathy Pieroz at Ray White Alexandra Hills

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently had a friend make me APPLE pancakes for the first time! Cut the apple into small chunks and the latter half of the batch we threw in some blueberries. So yummy!

    How do you save your pancakes for the next few days? Do you cook all of them or do you mean you save the batter in a container? I hate when I try to save my cooked pancakes in the fridge and they get a weird taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachelle! I always cook off all the pancakes and them save them in the fridge for a few days . I don't find that they get a weird taste...are you storing them in an air tight container?

      Delete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover