150 Calorie Smoothies



I make a smoothie every morning.  I really do think they are the perfect start to my day.


I created several 150 calorie smoothie recipes and am going to share a few of my favorites with you guys.  If you are concerned with your calorie intake and don't want to overdue it, then make sure you are measuring the ingredients....rather than pouring in the OJ with a heavy hand =).




I would say that 99% of my smoothies consist of three key ingredients: bananas, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a splash of orage juice.  I like mix up the fruits and veggies that I add to these three main ingredients and I strive to keep them all around 150 calories.  


*Note: All the recipes in this post make two smoothies.  Also, if I am using frozen fruit, then I omit the small handful of ice.


Strawberry-Banana 
This is my all-time favorite smoothie combo.  Blend together 1 cup of strawberries {fresh or frozen}, 1/3 cup of frozen chopped spinach, 1 medium banana, 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/4 cup OJ, and a small handful of ice.  If needed, add in a splash of water to get the blender going.


Blueberry Machine
Blend together 1 cup of blueberries {fresh or frozen}, 1/2 cup of frozen chopped kale, 1 medium banana, 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/4 cup OJ, and a small handful of ice.  If needed, add in a splash of water to get the blender going.


Peachy Pineapple
Blend together 1 large peach, peeled and diced, 1 cup of pineapple pieces {fresh or frozen}, 1 medium banana, 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/4 cup OJ, and a small handful of ice.  If needed, add in a splash of water to get the blender going.


Green Drink
Blend together 1 cup of frozen chopped kale or spinach, 1 medium banana, 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/4 cup OJ, 1/2 scoop of green protein powder, and a small handful of ice.  If needed, add in a splash of water to get the blender going.




A little note on ingredients:
*I always buy frozen pineapple pieces or canned pineapple packed in juice {no added sugar}
*I buy big bags of frozen chopped spinach.  I have never seen frozen, chopped kale so I buy a fresh bunch, chop it into small pieces, steam it, put it in a large ziploc bag, and store it in the freezer.
*Be careful to buy unsweetened vanilla almond milk.  The sweetened kind has too much sugar.  If you don't like the vanilla flavor, try plain almond or soy milk.

4 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a good alternative to my usual yogurt and/or apple and these looks perfect. Smoothies always feel like such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the blueberry machine, but substituted the banana for peach. DELICIOUS! Thanks for the recipes.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made some of the green smoothie for lunch for the 2 of us at home, and we loved it. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. The sweetness was just right for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PINNING THIS!! These look fantastic. Definitely want to try the Peachy Pineapple.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover