I am a big fan of Bethenny Frankel and have heard her sing the praises of her no butter, no egg, low fat chocolate cake but to be honest, I figured it would taste like cardboard.
Out of curiosity, I decided to try it. I made 2 small changes - I used all purpose flour instead of oat flour and topped my cake with a little powdered sugar instead of peanut butter glaze.
In summary, I was wrong. So wrong. This cake is to die for. Ridiculously easy to make and so rich and delicious. I made it in less than 10 minutes, baked it for 35 minutes and ate in within a few days. So good!
To Die For Healthy Chocolate Cake (adapted from Bethenny Frankel's The Skinnygirl Dish)
-1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 cup warm water
-1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
-1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
-powder sugar (for dusting)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix until just combined.
3. Coat a loaf pan or 9" round cake pan well with non-stick cooking spray and pour in the batter.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Dust with powder sugar before serving.