My Go-To Outfit: Kymmie of a day in the life of us

I have a soft spot in my heart for Australian bloggers.  Not sure why, but I do and Kym is one of my favorites. 

Her blog, a day in the life of us, is fun, sweet, and so honest.  I love seeing the posts with pics of her super cute sons and her weekly outfit post - Fancy Pants.  Love her blog!


How is it a woman with a wardrobe full of clothes can say, "I have nothing to wear?"

Well, that's the question I face each morning in a bid to rush out the door. With all the clothes I own, I often resort to just a few essentials. Being a mum of two young lads (Madison - 4, and Noah - 1), I spend my day running to and from kindergarten, swimming classes and playgroups whilst juggling working two days from home and one day in the office. It's a mad life, but so fulfilling, I couldn't imagine it any other way.


My style has changed a tad since children. For instance, on weekdays, I mostly trade in my chunky wedges for flats. I also don't dress up as much as I once did (cutting back on one's career can do that). But one thing that never changes, I'm a fan of neutrals and have been for as long as I can remember. Lucky for me it's autumn in Australia - and neutrals are some of the hottest colours right now.


In Australia, skinny cargoes are debated heavily. You either love them or hate them. Me? Once I tried them on, there was no looking back. Not only are they stretchy, warm and flattering, they are just so comfortable. And if your clothes are simple, there's room for a pop of colour in the shoe department. I love these flats, and because it features every colour of the rainbow, they go with everything.


I'm in love with these pretty bangles and my necklace - a gift from my best friend (which has my boys' names on it, and my two step-daughters' too). And this bag? It's big enough for three drink bottles, a nappy bag, wipes, and all my essentials too! Plus it's soft, gorgeous, and (surprise, surprise!) neutral.




If I'm honest, this outfit is on high rotation. I'd wear it even more, but it really does need to be washed every now and then...


GRANDPA TOP, JeansWest
SKINNY CARGOES, Jay Jays
BELT, JeansWest
BANGLES, Equip
SUNGLASSES, Portmans
BAG, Jag

Kymmie's blog a day in the life of us features a weekly style post everyone can join in called Fancy Pants as well as an interactive Try Something New Every Week challenge. Now she's a mum, she takes one day at a time, discovering the highs and lows of marriage, parenthood, work, a mortgage (or three), and all the stuff in-between.

{Thanks Kymmie!}

1 comments:

  1. Hi Sir, You are really good writer.

    This article will help everyone to know so much important information about on acutedesigns.org.It is very helpful in using social media sites. It is very alternative for people and helpful to anybody. You may know me by it Colorado Springs Mortgage Company focuses primarily on Colorado springs mortgage designed to meet your needs. Providing Colorado Springs and the greater El Paso nation area. Ft. Carson, Peterson and Schriever effective responsibility and veterans– we are here to provide you!


    Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover