This week I am grateful for..my husband


About eight months ago, I cried every Sunday night because I didn't want to go to my job the next day. 


I was miserable.  And moody.  And hated every detail of Monday through Friday.


All I wanted to do was build my business full time, but I didn't think we would be able to survive off little to no income from me if I got the business going.



One day my husband said to me "I would rather be poor than see you so miserable."  That got me thinking.  I crunched numbers and realized we wouldn't be poor if I never made a cent, but we would have a lot less extra money.  My full intention is to make my business extremely profitable, but it takes time.


Since I quit my job in November, I have been making a little money and we are fine.


We do have less extra money for...I don't even know what for.  I don't even know where all that extra money went because I am wanting for nothing.


I wake up every morning happy and spend every day doing what I love.


I wish this life for everyone and I know it wouldn't be possible without my husband.  He works hard.  He deals with major stress and he makes my life and my business possible.



He definitely has a tendency to be dramatic and crazy and a bit emotionally unstable at times {he is Irish after all} but he has an amazing strength that he doesn't even realize.


His employees love him.  His friends and family love him.  He will do anything for those he loves.  He might moan about it for a minute, but at the end of the day he is there. 


I know he wishes with all his heart that he was the one building a company and I was the one slaving away in corporate America, but he sacrifices for me.  It is honestly the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.


What are you grateful for this week?  Write about it and link up over at Maxabella’s Blog.

13 comments:

  1. What a champ! if every woman had a husband like yours the world would be an amazing place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I would rather be poor than see you so miserable." Gold. He's a keeper!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always say "I am not here for the money that you make." The boyfriend dislikes his job a lot but sticks it out because of the money. Me, I am a little more carefree and would only work in a job that I love. And I do. Just once I get my hands on a full-time role which will hopefully be soon!

    Lovely x

    ps. I am also Carly from everyonewantsthis.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this was just such a gorgeous, heartwarming post. I am so glad you found your way to happy. I did a similar thing a few years ago and have never looked back. And where can I find a headband like the one in your profile pic? I Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you! It always helps to have a supportive man behind you :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in heaven - so love your words and you are an answer to prayer because I so love headbands and I am super excited to check out your business and hopefully make a purchase. So awesome you are doing what you want to do! love it. naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for him! This is a wonderful post. So glad you took the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw he is lovely. Well done for following your heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three cheers for hardworking husbands...mine is too and always has been ever since I met him. I have always been able to stay at home to be a mum or do whatever I wanted to...just because he works hard and long for us all..sacrificing a lot of weekends and evenings along the way of our 33 year old marriage! We are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Def. a keeper - what a fine man to help his wife acheive such happiness, and a smart one too - to get to share that with her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your courage inspires me and you definitely have a good man on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really hope that one day you both can pursue your dreams, but I know how great it is when you work in a team and each gets their turn. keep it up, you're awesome!
    love
    yaga

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet post! The first step of going solo and breaking away from a stable job is the hardest. You can do it girl and with your awesome husband by your side!

    p.s. Seriously the more I thought about the article, the more I became really shocked at and will hesitate to walk in Forever 21 again!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover