Guest Post with Maxabella Loves - 5 things I cannot live without

Next up in the "5 things" series is Maxabella from Maxabella loves…

I found Maxabella's blog a few months ago and when I first happened upon it, there was a post about her children.  I immediately thought "Oh, a mommy blog.  Not my thing."

I am happy I stuck around.  After reading a few of Maxabella's posts, I knew this was a not a "mommy blog."

Yes, she writes about her children, but not just about children.  She writes with a tremendous amount of wit, sarcasm {one of my favorite things}, and grace.  Her lovely, thought provoking, and funny blog is one of my daily or weekly internet stops.

Thanks for the guest post, Maxabella :).

 5 things I cannot live without by Maxabella loves…

When Gina mentioned that she wanted my ‘top five’ material things I can’t live without versus the usual ‘top five’ of ‘family, friends, kindness, adventure and cold hard cash’, I was a bit stumped. I reckon I can live without most material things. In fact, I’m certain I could. But here are five things that make my life happier.

1. Pencil and notebook - I was going to write 'computer' here, but I think my notebooks and my pencil are more important. I keep a notebook on the go at all times and it’s full of random lists, jottings, quotations, little drawings, reminders... life, really.
2. Gift wrapping supplies - Pretty papers, fabrics, bows, strings, ribbons... and I can’t stop buying gift tags. I just like looking at them. I like my collection so much that I can’t actually give them away on presents and end up having to make my own out of old cardboard boxes and a felt tip.
3. Birdies - Along with the gift tags, I have managed to acquire a serious bird collection around my house. Every room has some kind of bird in it… um, now I sound like some kind of freaky old lady who wears ‘Stays’*. I’m not like that, really I’m not. Before I started accumulated them I don’t think I gave our feathered friends much thought at all. Now, they just make me happy (she says, pulling up her Stays).
4. My garden - I’m a hopeless gardener. Everything I touch turns to compost… but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying the pretty flowers that manage to escape the resident bandicoots and possums who eat everything with petals as soon as the sun goes down. It’s peaceful here.
5. Books - So, the house is full of gift tags and birdies and dead plants and… books. Since the birth of my three Tsunamis it takes me about 1 1/2 years to read a novel, but that doesn’t stop me accumulating them. For the first time in my life my ‘to read’ pile is about 5 times the size of my ‘to keep’ pile. Just looking at all those shelves of books I’ve chosen but haven’t yet read makes me want to burst with excitement. I’m easily excited, obviously!

Thanks for having me, dear Gina. I’m sure my ‘top five’ has revolutionised the blogging world and I’m just so happy that you got to share in this momentous occasion. Hmmm… maybe I should have added ‘sarcasm’ to my ‘can’t live without list!?
*It’s a really good thing if you don’t know what Stays are… although my Grandma would have found Spanks oddly familiar!?

{Photos courtesy of Design* Sponge, Living Etc, and Anthropologie}

Click here to read the other "5 things" posts.

4 comments:

  1. Hi ...I just awarded you the stylish blogger award over at Select All + Delete ...come on over and pick it up..and happy Holiday to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, Thanks Gina for featuring Maxabella!!!

    Come and enter my Giveaway from My Sparrow, you will love it!

    Joyeaux Noel!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello there Irish lass... thanks for having me on your lovely blog. I am really rather happy that you don't consider me a 'mummy blogger'... sshhhhh, don't tell the MBB (Mummy Blogger Brigade) I said that!!!! Hope you're enjoying your holiday immensely. Happy Chrissy, love. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for an idea, you sparked at thought from a angle I hadn’t given thoguht to yet. Now lets see if I can do something with it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover