Guest Post with Amy of Ponder and Stitch - 5 things I cannot live without

Amy is a fellow Etsian who makes amazing hand-sewn cuffs.  Her blog {Ponder and Stitch} is a mini chronicle of her life...focusing mostly on her amazing thrift store finds, her must haves, and her Etsy shop, which is also called Ponder and Stitch.

If you are a thrift store junkie like myself, or even just a once in a while thrifter, you must check out Amy's blog. She has the most amazing eye {and a bit of luck} when it comes to finding fabulous items for next to nothing.

Thanks for guest posting about your favorite things, Amy!

5 things I cannot live without by Ponder and Stitch

Hi, all! It's Amy from Ponder and Stitch and I'm so happy to be guest blogging today! I'm here to talk about five things I can't live without - all silly things, that's for sure. Let's get started!



1. Mascara - I absolutely cannot live without my mascara. I won't go anywhere without it. I've found the #1 best mascara to be CoverGirl Lash Blast in the bright orange tube. Oh, and just a tip, I haven't used an eyelash curler in at least 15 years. Your own finger is the best eyelash curler you'll ever find, and it's free! ;) Just press the pad of your index finger across your lashes and look down - make sure not to touch your lashes to the skin above your lid or you'll just make a mess. Hold for five or ten seconds.  I'm serious- you'll never find a better curler!

2. Glossy lip balm -  I cannot stand the feel of bare lips. I've been using this one since Christmas 2009 and it is the best! I don't think The Body Shop sells this exact balm anymore, but they have a similar cranberry one for sale this season. Get yourself a tin- it's great stuff! Oh, and this gloss/balm hybrid is to die for.

Obviously, I can't make my whole list consist of makeup, so on to other things!

3. My heating blanket - I am always cold. Always!  The perfect temperature for me is somewhere around 82. Anything below that and I have goose bumps. Unfortunately, my 100-year-old house has chosen my bedroom to be the coldest room in the whole house. My heating blanket is a necessity!

4. Big Train Chocolate Chai - This stuff is amazing- the perfect mixture of chai and hot chocolate. It's great iced in the summer, too. It's the perfect drink!

5. My LightWedge - This is the ultimate book light for those of you who like to read before bed! It illuminates the page and nothing else. I have tried so many book lights and will never ever go back to one of those clip-on lights. I've had mine for a few years now and just love it. At first I had to get used to reading through a piece of clear plastic, but soon enough I didn't even notice it. Get one and you won't regret it!

There you have it. Five silly things I can't live without. Thanks for reading, and happy holidays!!
Click here to read the rest of the "5 things" posts!

7 comments:

  1. Great list, amy. I think I have to get one of those Light Wedges. My husband would probably agree. Lip gloss/balm would be on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep second the light wedge!
    Ps love the dress on your blog!!
    Too sweet.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be investing in a LightWedge in the near future. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so with you on the heating blanket. I practically carry mine around a la Linus. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to know a bit more about one of my fave Etsy Artists... I am with you Amy... need the Mascara!! I must try the chai... what a great combo ~ yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff Amy! Got to try that mascara. And you got me thinking about that book light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soooo in agreement on the lip balm. However mine can only be Burt's Bees, and I am allergic to all other brands, even lipstick!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover