Before and After Table + More Halloween Decor

Months ago I bought a small table for $5 at a thrift store.  It was a steal, so I couldn't pass it up. I wasn't sure if I needed it, but I figured $5 was worth it...even if it just sat in my garage.  {Is that the mantra of a hoarder??}


I saw this whitewash technique on Design*Sponge and wanted to try it.  I figured the $5 table would be a good piece to practice on.


So, I sanded with my new electrical sander {they are only about $20...I have no idea why I have been sanding by hand all these years}, then mixed 1/4 cup of paint with a big splash of water {that is seriously all you need, this technique is perfect if you only have a small amount of paint}, and painted long brush strokes, then wiped away excess paint with a clean rag.


A few hours later, when the paint was dry, I used a sanding sponge to make the wood on the legs stand out a bit.  I love the result and decided to set up a little Halloween decor of my own on it.

I put some white pumpkins on the table...and a picture of my niece in last year's pumpkin costume:


And, I put up a photo of my dogs in last year's pig costumes:


And then I made one picture look a little spooky:


2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with your little table! It is so so cute! WTG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that table. I want you to do one for me!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover