The Housewives - Are you over it or do you still get sucked in?

Are you guys excited for the newest Atlanta Housewives season?  This is the first time I am not that excited about a new Housewives season.  I think I might be over the Atlanta ladies.  Everything they do just seems so contrived and desperate.  It is so apparent that every lady is clawing her way to another paycheck by shamelessly promoting either a fashion line, a book, or a song.


A few months ago, I read a fantastic article in New York Magazine about how reality stars make the worst reality stars.  The article discusses how the first season of most reality shows is fun because the cast is naive and unknown.  If the show is a success, then by the second season the cast is aware of their pseudo fame and they are milking it for all it's worth.  By the third season...any authenticity is pretty much gone.


I feel like Atlanta's feel was far from genuine in the second season, so I cannot even imagine how bad the ladies will be this third season.


Despite my lack of enthusiasm for the Atlanta cast, I am ridiculously excited for the Beverly Hills season. This show looks like some old school housewivery nonsense.  These ladies are fresh and new and should be entertaining.


I don't know if it is Will Smith or Pretty Woman, but Beverly Hills just screams stupid rich.

2 comments:

  1. I like the NJ and NY housewives because they are so fun to roll my eyes at!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover