End of the Bed Benches

I am going to "make" a bench for the end of my bed.  This idea is one of those that just happened.  Oprah would probably call it an "aha!" moment.


As we were arranging the furniture in our new house, a lot of it didn't fit right.  We had a lot of tables, but none of them were the right size.  I kind of hated it and kind of loved the idea of needing a few new pieces of furniture. 


One thing that didn't work anywhere was an old wood coffee table.  I was about to stick it in the garage for future use when I thought about the end of the bed.  Our new bedroom is quite a bit larger (as in twice the size) than our old one, so something can actually sit at the end of the bed without blocking the walkway.


I want to re-do the table into a bench.  The shape is already there, so it just needs to be stained a lighter color and fitted with a cushion on top.

I will post the finished product whenever I get around to finishing it.   For now, some inspiration....


{Photos courtesy of Elle Decor, House to Home, and Living Etc}

1 comments:

  1. I was in the same boat - bigger bedroom with room for something at the foot of the bed. I've been trying different things there and right now it's a trunk. I like the idea of using a coffee table as a bench. Very resourceful! Your comment made me laugh today - yes, we can agree to disagree about GR! :D Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover