Library Card Catalog

I want one of these for all my supplies.  I have so many bits and pieces - jewelry findings, vintage beads and pearls, new and vintage jewels and cabchons, pieces of vintage jewelry that I am going to use sometime in the future, ribbon, lace, pieces of fabric.....I am sure many of you are the same.

The other day, an old-fashioned library card catalog popped into my head. Perfect!  So, I went on Craigslist in San Diego and there was nothing.  Then I looked around on Ebay and there were a few, but not in my area.


Why are these all of a sudden so rare? No libraries have them anymore and all libraries used to have them and there are a lot of libraries out there.....I feel like I am destined to find one at an old Catholic School rummage sale.  I am not sure if San Diego is really the market for something like this.  I am going to keep my eyes peeled on Craigslist and while antiquing.  Do you live in Southern California and have one you want to sell me???



{Images via Apartment Therapy and Etsy}

6 comments:

  1. I've always loved them too. I usually see them in antique shops but have never bought one. Someday when I have a bigger house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I want one of those. Be handy for a million different things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calling all card catalog lovers: As of July 15, 2010 I have several lovely antique, vintage, and retro library card catalogs - small, large, and gigantic- available for sale in New Haven, Ct. Please contact me at 315Whitney@gmail.com for details. Local pick up is preferred, but shipping is not out of the question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got one via Craigslist (see it at http://myslipisshowing.wordpress.com) - my husband thought I was insane spending as much on it as I did, but I love it already. They are HARD to find, but I tracked mine down by
    1. putting a google alert on "library card catalog, craigslist"
    2. putting a craigslist "want" ad out

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I have been thinking a dresser with lots of little containers inside would be a good way to organize but this is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't give up! i have a card catalog that is exactly like the one in your first photo. i got it on craigslist for $150.00 and all the parts were there.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover