Lemon and Arugula Pasta Salad

Ever since I had the genius idea of making a quinoa and arugula salad with the flavors of my favorite beef carpaccio dish, I have been obsessed. I quickly devoured the 5 servings of quinoa and arugula salad (in three days…) and wanted more.

I don’t know why it never occurred to me until last week to take the flavors of my favorite dish (minus the beef) and add them to every salad!

I used all of those ingredients and a few more to make a whole wheat pasta salad that is fresh, healthy, and perfect for the warm spring weather.

P.S. You might think eating raw beef is gross, but that is probably because you have never tried it. Trust me, it is to die for.  And this is coming from a former vegetarian!


Lemon and Arugula Pasta Salad (serves 4)
-1 1/2 cups dry rotini (or penne, macaroni, etc) whole wheat pasta
-1 cup grape tomatoes
-1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
-4 ounces fresh parmesan cheese, shaved
-juice from 3 lemons
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
-salt and pepper
-a package of fresh arugula (or spinach)

1. Cook the pasta and allow it to cool.  Toss it with the olive oil and lemon juice so that it doesn't stick together while it cools.
2. Add the tomatoes, pine nuts, cheese, arugula, salt, and pepper.
3. Eat!  This makes a fantastic light lunch.

2 comments:

  1. i'll have to try this...sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll have to try this...sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover