Advertising My Esty Shop - An Experiment

My Etsy shop {Acute Designs} has been open for almost four months, yet the only online advertising I have done is through the Etsy Showcase.  (Per my experiences, the Etsy Showcase was a waste of time and money. Don't bother.)

Due to my lack of online advertising, I have decided to conduct an experiment by placing a few ads each week.  I will track my results via Google Analytics and report back on this blog.

If you are an Etsy shop owner, I hope my findings will help you too.  If you have ever used any site to advertise, email me or comment on this post with your experiences.  I am determined to increase sales and have little to no advertising experience, so all advice is welcome!

Here are the sites I will try this week:

-Craftopolis - I just created and purchased a week long ad for this site.  The Craftopolis process was simple and they responded right away.  So far, so good...I will let you all know next weekend if it was worth the $15.

 This is my Craftopolis ad, it will start running tomorrow, March 14th.

-Craigslist - I assume I will get a lot of spam from this (which is why I link all Craigslist ads to an email I rarely use), but I have read on other blogs that people do get an increase in traffic.  An increase in traffic is the first start to an increase in sales.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. good luck..I hope your traffic increases. and thanks, because I was just thinking about spending a lot on some etsy showcases. cant wait for your results!

    http://shanikulani.etsy.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your ads! I haven't done any advertising unless you count submitting photos to Craftgawker. That brought an increase in views. I'll be watching for your results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and I can't wait to find out if it's worth the money on Craftopolis.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover