Happy Birthday Mr. F!


This weekend is my lovely, skinny, big eared puppy's first birthday. I cannot believe how fast this past year has gone. Oh, how I long to hold the little Finny in my arms again and carry him around. Just for a day, then I would want the big one year old back. Puppies are a lot of work and this past year has been full of puppy work.

Indulge me for a moment while I write about my baby boy...

The best things about Finn:


-He never chews on anything except his dog toys.  I rarely have to wonder "what is Finn doing?" because I know he is just playing with his toys.


-He comes when he is called, will sit, give paw, lay down, and play dead (and he learned all of this in less than an hour. The boy is smart!)


-He is the cuddliest dog I have ever met.  He still wants to sit in my lap (even though he is far too big) and he quietly sleeps next to me all night.

-He will wear clothes!

-He has the biggest ears EVER. We always thought he would grow into them, but he hasn't. They are still too big for his head and I love them.



The not so best things about Finn:
-He is super, duper nervous and these nerves have created a lot of angst in our household.


-He is fearful of new people and this causes him to act aggressive (which has caused me to hire the best dog trainer in San Diego).


-He dribbles water all over the floor after he drinks. (Boys are messy.)





Despite his anxiety and his nerves, he's perfect.  I think I'll keep him for the rest of his life.

2 comments:

  1. Awww Happy Belated Birthday to Mr.F. My little Miss P is having a birthday coming up too and you know I will be putting up a tribute on my blog as well.
    Finn is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finn is beautiful...I have a sheltie named Kenna...she is a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

« »

Acute Designs All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover